Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

No Excuses!

I am notorious for making excuses. Until recently, I always had a reason why I couldn't work out or eat better. I didn't want to waste my time dieting if I couldn't work out. I couldn't go to the gym. I don't have the time. My bike chain is rusted. I don't want to walk alone. I don't have a dog to walk with me. I don't have a stroller to push around. I don't have a treadmill. There's not enough room to use my kinect or workout DVDs.

But what I've learned is.. there are no excuses.

If you have 20 minutes to spare, you have time to work out. And if you don't have 20 minutes to spare.. set your alarm 20 minutes earlier. YOU HAVE TIME! You don't even have to hit the gym. Here are a few of my favorite at-home workouts which involve calisthenics. Calisthenics are exercises designed to promote muscular tone using your own body weight. You don't need machines, you don't need weights. You just need yourself.









^^ This is my favorite one!!^^





So let's try to make less excuses and more progress!

_______________________________

So anyway, it's Monday and the start of a new week! Is everyone feeling refreshed? Motivated? I'm ready to tackle a new week! I know this one will be wonderful for a few reasons.

  • I got my thumb-lock wrist weights by Reebok in the mail today. I can't wait to try them out at the gym tomorrow :)
  • I am attending my very first Zumba class tomorrow! FINALLY I'll be for sure going. :) I'll make sure and post about it Wednesday.
  • Also, tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I actually get to spend it with my husband! We've been apart the last 3 years on Valentine's Day!
  • We're getting our marriage tattoo tomorrow!
  • I am looking in to taking an Aqua Zumba class! (more on this later in the week)
  • I'll be participating in "What I Ate Wednesday" (more on this Wednesday!)
  • It's my last full week with my husband before he goes to MOS school for a while!
And that's all I can remember right now. :) I might also post about my favorite "fitness items" as well as post a fun survey! It's gonna be a fun week, and I can't wait to share it with you all!

How do you plan to make this week better than last?

No comments:

Post a Comment