Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Learning the hard way

You know those times when people try giving you advice, and you ignore it because you think you have everything under control? Then you find yourself in a really messed up situation and you wished you had listened all along?

That's me right now.

I read up on how to go through a PCS. I listened to TMO when they briefed us on how it would go. I had a plan. But, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, The Universe really hates us and likes to screw up our plans. We needed a trailer hitch for the truck. Easy enough, right? We'll find one used. Nope. FINALLY found one brand new. $250. Went to install the hitch, Brent couldn't find the bolts. Called all around, and finally found some that fit the next day. Went to pick them up, and ended up finding the original bolts. Got the hitch on, and went to pick up our uhaul trailer. The electrical harness wasn't compatible. We'll just get one from Auto Zone. Nope. Wrong year. We call all over the place. Find one the next morning (the morning we were leaving Texas), get it. $50. FINALLY we're on our way.

We get to Virginia. WOO HOO! But now, we have been in Virginia 16 days, and still don't have a place to live. I didn't listen when people told me I shouldn't wait until our move to find an apartment. I was like "Eh. Apartments are easy to come by. We'll find something." Wrong. SO WRONG. I guess I didn't realize how spread out things are here, how many people there are, how busy apartment leasing offices are this time of year...

We had an apartment all lined up. All we were waiting on was a little extra money from our move to come in, and we would be moving on in. Well ya know what? They gave away that apartment RIGHT out from under us. So we were homeless, and back to square one. We managed to find a place that we both liked, was close to work, pet friendly, and most importantly, in our price range! But they wouldn't be available for a couple weeks. Now we are going to be staying with a friend of Brent's until the 12th, which is when we can move in to our new apartment! Ughh. It was like everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

The one thing I have learned, that no matter what life throws at us, Brent and I are strong! It makes me feel good that through this all, we're becoming stronger. We're relying on each other. Easing the stress for each other. I can't imagine enduring all this BS with anyone but my wonderful husband. We're living and learning. and doing it together. I am so very thankful to have him by my side through thick and thin. My best friend for life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment